Dueler's Archives Forum IndexHome  SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Yellow and Green Opal results

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dueler's Archives Forum Index -> Duel of Fists Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoF Archive
Archivist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Yellow and Green Opal results Reply with quote

Date: 10/3/1998 2:05 PM Central Daylight Time

"Aw, hell, ya playin' me, man..."

Deuce's expression shifted uncontrollably, from the normality of relative happiness that each day now brought, to an intense frustration as his eyes caught a paper underneath a mishmash of official garbage on his desk. Bursting out of his office, bare feet slapping against the wood, the assistant supervisor swore never to do anything like this again; posting the notice quickly, he scampered back upstairs, also never noticing he had done all that in
his boxers.

-----------------

Opal Night! Saturday, September 26th, three Opals were up for grabs. The challenge for the black was officiated by Janella Vallonia, the others by myself, Deuce.

First off was the Green Opal tournament! Seven entrants, due to a late dropout by Dexter Montoya, did not square off to see who would take home the Pathfinder as their prize. Instead, three never bothered to show up, and one more, Walker Boh, barely made it in time. After such a glorious display of promptness by all, four top duelists started their quest for the prize.

Round one, a tribute to the arts of Shaolin, let everyone know that Walker was ready to rock. He whupped up on big man Layne Jenkins, 5-1, in Ring Shaolin, to earn himself a short break before round 2. A break? Yeah, a break, since it took Kelli Elan a little longer to finish of Lem Angelo, 5-4, in Ring Shadowboxin.

Round two! Payin' respect to the Wu-Tang style, all four fighters got vicious and hardcore in this round. Crackin' jaws and every other body part they could, Walker and Kelli hit sudden death before the hometown referee fave fell, 5-4, in ring Wu; even that wasn't enough for Lem and Layne, who demanded overtime before they finished up in Ring Tang with the biggest guy takin the hardest fall and droppin' out with a 6-5 loss!

One down, who's next? Jumpin' into the ring of Big Poppa, Kelli and Lem fought to stay in the tourney. Back and forth it went.. for a bit, before the spirit of Biggie Smalls smiled on Kelli this night and granted her a 5-2 win.

The final- could Walker finish it up? Would Kelli pull off two in a row and steal the title? We know she can! But after a night of givin' mad props to the finest artists of my home, Walker proved to be the bomb, droppin' a 5-2 loss on Kelli and taking home the Green Opal, Pathfinder!

Next up- the Yellow Opal challenge. Unfortunately, the records for this fight escape me for the moment, but I will find them as soon as I can. However, Tarl did manage to put the smack down on challenger Andrew Forcer, winning in two straight duels; details will be reported.. soon.

Deuce
Duel of Fists Assistant Supervisor
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dueler's Archives Forum Index -> Duel of Fists Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: